[Python-Dev] PEP 383 update: utf8b is now the error handler

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Fri May 8 02:33:02 CEST 2009

On approximately 5/7/2009 3:27 PM, came the following characters from
the keyboard of MRAB:
> Terry Reedy wrote:
>> Martin v. Löwis wrote:

>>> So I'm happy to make it "surrogatepass" and "surrogateescape" as

These seem adequate.  It is not what I would choose or suggest, but it
is adequate, and it is unlikely you can delight everyone with your
choice of names, or even someone else's choice of names.  These at least
  have a logical justification for their meaning, and can be documented
reasonably.

--
Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/