[Python-Dev] How to build Python 2.6.2 on HP-UX Itanium with thread support?

henning.vonbargen at arcor.de henning.vonbargen at arcor.de
Wed May 13 10:34:55 CEST 2009

How to build Python 2.6.2 on HP-UX Itanium with thread support?
Note: I know that the first address to post this question is comp.lang.python, but
I posted this question a week ago on comp.lang.python
(http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/c7006ad8e5cf81e8)
and unfortunately, I didn't receive any answers.

According to Patch 1225212,
at least Peter Kropf was able to get Python running with threading support
on this platform, though AFAIK he was not using GCC.

But I guess it should be possible with GCC as well.

Is anyone able to confirm that Python (built with GCC)
does or does not work with multi-threading on HP-UX Itanium?

Is HP-UX Itanium a supported platform at all?
BTW: A search for "supported platforms" at www.python.org does not help!

And if it does work, which steps need to be taken to build it,
e.g. other libraries/packages, environment variables,
configure options, manual modifications?

Henning