[Python-Dev] How to build Python 2.6.2 on HP-UX Itanium with thread support?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed May 13 21:52:30 CEST 2009

> Now, this looks like python-dev material. PEP 11[0], the information
> in README[1]  and the notes in the downloads pages[2] could be
> improved and updated. If someone has time to invest in this, a
> compatibility matrix would be very nice to have.

I don't think HP-UX is ready for PEP 11 yet. It may not work, but that's
a bug that could be fixed if users would actually contribute fixes.
Likewise, changes to README could be accepted if users contribute them.

I'm not sure /download/source is really that useful - perhaps it would
be best to remove it. As for /download/other - contributions are welcome.

Regards,
Martin