[Python-Dev] PEP 376 : Changing the .egg-info structure

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue May 19 21:33:50 CEST 2009

2009/5/19 Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 6:55 PM, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
>>
>> 1. Why ';' separation, instead of tabs as in PEP 262?  Aren't semicolons a
>> valid character in filenames?
>
> I am changing this into a <tab>. for now.

I'm not following this thread at all, but can I put a strong vote
*against* tabs in, please. You're just asking for bug reports from
people who edit the file and expand tabs to spaces (either
deliberately, or via an automatic editor setting they forgot about)
and then can't see why a file that looks the same works differently.

OK, so it's not meant to be a human editable file, but that won't stop
some people :-)

Paul