[Python-Dev] Reworking the GIL

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Sun Nov 1 23:12:16 CET 2009

Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> Based on this whole discussion, I think I am going to merge the new GIL work
> into the py3k branch, with priority requests disabled.
>
> If you think this is premature or uncalled for, or if you just want to review
> the changes before making a judgement, please voice up :)

+1 from me. I trust you like Brett does.

How much work would it cost to make your patch optional at compile time?
For what it's worth we could compare your work on different machines and
on different platforms before it gets enabled by default. Can you
imagine scenarios where your implementation might be slower than the
current GIL implementation?