[Python-Dev] EC2 buildslaves

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Nov 2 14:06:14 CET 2009

> OTOH, that isn't that expensive (compared to the other PSF expenses),
> plus people keep donating money, so when we say what we use it for,
> there may be a larger return than just the test results.
>
> OTTH, the same could be achieved by buying a hosted server elsewhere.

One advantage of a real hosted server is that we could have a bunch of
our own VMs on it, which is probably not possible (and perhaps not
allowed) on an EC2 instance (not to mention it could really be slow).

(I'm not volunteering to install and manage VMs, however; I don't think
I'm competent to do that)