[Python-Dev] language summit topic: issue tracker

Gregory P. Smith greg at krypto.org
Tue Nov 3 09:29:15 CET 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 1:49 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Brett Cannon wrote:
>> Another summit, another potential time to see if people want to change
>> anything about the issue tracker. I would bring up:
>>
>> - Dropping Stage in favor of some keywords (e.g. 'needs unit test',
>> 'needs docs')
>> - Adding a freestyle text box to delineate which, if any, stdlib module
>> is the cause of a bug and tie that into Misc/maintainers.rst; would
>> potentially scale back the Component box
>
> +lots on adding a module field (independent of automatically adding
> maintainers to the nosy list, it would assist in "I just did a major
> cleanup of module X, are there any old bugs I can kill off").

yet another feature request or two to be lost to a mailing list thread
along those lines:

Maintainer or not i'd like to be able to setup triggers so that i'm
automatically cc'ed on any bugs matching a simple search query i
specify.

The email sent out to people cc'ed when a new bug is opened and
unassigned should have a simple links in it when cc'ed to someone who
can be assigned bugs:  'Assign to me' that if followed will assign
that bug to them without requiring a login.