[Python-Dev] language summit topic: issue tracker

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 10:21:43 CET 2009

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> +lots on adding a module field (independent of automatically adding
>> maintainers to the nosy list, it would assist in "I just did a major
>> cleanup of module X, are there any old bugs I can kill off").
>
> Link (1:1) or Multilink (1:n)? What is the impact on the Component field?

I was thinking multilink, and leaving component alone - the module field
would largely come into play when the component was just the "Lib"
catch-all.

> Would you be willing to manage the field (in the sense of managing the
> set of values)? If so, please send me a list of values.

I would suggest just using the module index from the documentation to
seed any such list of modules in the tracker:
http://docs.python.org/modindex.html

Packages could generally be left as a single entry in the list. The only
exception I think is that there should be an "xml.etree" entry separate
from the main "xml" entry, and perhaps a separate entry for "os.path".

Deprecated modules could either be left out of the list, or else moved
to appear at the end.

Regards,
Nick.