[Python-Dev] Status of the Buildbot fleet and related bugs

Jesse Noller jnoller at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 15:05:48 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 3:27 AM, Mark Dickinson <dickinsm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 3:53 AM, R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> wrote:
>
>>    (1) issue 3864: FreeBSD testing hangs consistently.  According to the
>>        ticket this is a FreeBSD bug fixed in 6.4, so an OS upgrade
>>        on the buildslave would probably solve it.
>
> I think the particular issue mentioned in 3864  is fixed, in some sense:
> test_signal used to hang, but now just plain fails in a reasonable amount of
> time (~15 seconds) instead.  So at least the test_signal failure isn't
> preventing us from seeing the results of other tests.
>
> The big problem now on the FreeBSD buildbot is that test_multiprocessing
> reliably causes the whole test run to abort with 'Signal 12'.  Solving this
> may be as simple as just getting someone to install a copy of FreeBSD 6.2
> on an ssh-accessible machine so that the source of the error can be tracked
> down.

Sorry I haven't been watching the bots; the signal 12 is new, I don't
have direct access to a fbsd box to poke at it. I'm fairly alarmed
that it's triggering that. Let me know what I can do to help - fbsd
support of certain lower level shared semaphore stuff has been spotty
up until the most recent versions.

> Wholeheartedly agreed!  Sorting out the FreeBSD test_multiprocessing
> Signal 12 would be nice, too.  I'll open an issue for this, unless
> someone else gets there first.

If/when you do, please add me on the noisy list. I remember there
being some patche(s) pending for FBSD around improved shared semaphore
support, but I can't find the bug report right now.

jesse