[Python-Dev] Status of the Buildbot fleet and related bugs

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Sat Nov 7 01:39:20 CET 2009

Mark Dickinson wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 10:54 AM, David Bolen <db3l.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> In terms of the overall release, I'm also fine with upgrading the
>> build slave to 6.4.  Or I could jump up to 7.2 instead.  When I first
>> brought the build slave up, 7.x wasn't finalized yet - not sure now
>> which release is more prevalent in use.
>
> Not sure either, but it's certainly useful to be able to test on
> FreeBSD 6.x.  Ideally, we'd have buildslaves for both...

http://security.freebsd.org/#sup lists the releases currently with
active security updates and their EOL dates.

Upgrading the 6.2 buildbot to 6.4 would seem a good idea to me.
Unfortunately FreeBSD's binary update capability only became available
with 6.3... :-(

A separate 7.2 buildbot (which could then be binary updated to 7.3
on release) would also seem a good idea.

8.0 is at RC3 and could be expected to be finalised fairly soon.

My understanding is there won't be another 6.x release, and I'm
inferring that there will be one more 7.x release (7.3).

Andrew.