[Python-Dev] 2.7/3.2 release schedule

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Tue Nov 10 19:26:13 CET 2009

[Guido van Rossum]
>. We used to have releases once a year and
> we got really big serious feedback from our biggest users that the
> release cycle was going too fast. We discussed it amply and agreed on
> a minimum time of 18 months between releases.

If the language moratorium goes into effect, would shorter release cycles
still have a negative impact?  Do people possibly want slower changes
to the language and faster updates to the library?

I don't know the answer.  Just asking how this matches up with the
feedback you have gotten previously.

Raymond