[Python-Dev] Replacing IDLE

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Nov 11 07:17:20 CET 2009

> Does that mean even if authors of some imaginary editor agree to
> incorporate their code into Python, the framework that it is built
> upon will have to be incorporated into Python also (and eventually
> abandoned at original location)?

It depends. It should work the same way as IDLE: it's ok that Tcl/Tk
itself is not included in Python, however, Tkinter is.

If that imaginary editor has lots of build dependencies that make
it really difficult to use it, I would be opposed to including it.
If it requires one library that is typically already available on
a Linux system, it would be fine with me.

Regards,
Martin