[Python-Dev] standard libraries don't behave like standard 'libraries'

Sriram Srinivasan naughtysriram at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 13:08:22 CET 2009

ok let me make it more clear..
forget how you use python now.. i am talking about __futuristic__
python programming.

these are just my ideas.. more over i can say imaginations.
there is no more python2.x or python3.x or python y.x releases. there
is only updates of python and standard library say 1.1.5 and 1.1.6.
let the difference be an old xml library updated with a new regex
support.

i am coding my program now.
i want my application to be compatible with 1.1.5 library

use library 1.1.5
import blah form blahblah

i cannot use regex feature of xml in this application
i then update my library in the evening
now both the libraries are present in my system.
now i try using the new feature

use library 1.1.6 #thats all now i get all features
import blah from blahblah

Regards,
Sriram.