[Python-Dev] PyPI comments and ratings, *really*?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Nov 12 22:01:16 CET 2009

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> I'm going to take a poll RSN, and see what the majority of users
> think (rather than their vocal fraction). Then we can see what to do
> about it.

Yes please! I've been silently waiting for this and have (surprisingly
for me!) managed to resist joining in the rant.

I'm of the crowd who just wants to make comments (I don't care about
ratings one way or another, and I can't, sadly, see anyone giving me
access as to who-voted-less-than-5 so I can follow up with them and see
what needs to be improved) optional. I'm quite okay with having a banner
saying "This package has opted not to receive comments". I believe the
software I release on PyPI is strong enough on its own merits that
people will use it ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk