[Python-Dev] PyPI comments and ratings, *really*?

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Fri Nov 13 01:01:53 CET 2009

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 00:44:30 +0100, Xavier Morel <catch-all at masklinn.net>
wrote:
> If pypi one day has a CPAN-style buildbot farm allowing it to test the
> package on any platform under the sun, that can be included, the tests
can
> be included as well but given the number of testing solutions (and
coverage
> discovery associated) that would be quite an undertaking.

I'm working on such a thing in my spare time. Yep, it's a big time
commitment.

http://bitbucket.org/djlyon/pypi-package-testbot/

> And as far as docs go, what would be the criterion?  "Has documentation"?

Yes.

> How do you define "has documentation"? Has auto-extracted documentation
> from the docstrings?

Yes.

> Has a README?

Yes

Has a complete sphinx package? I don't think there's much that you can
rate "objectively" about documentation.

You can't do it objectively, but you can use a computer to count the
number of lines and come up with a score.

Daivd