[Python-Dev] PyPI comments and ratings, *really*?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sat Nov 14 01:33:00 CET 2009

    >> Frankly, I agree with him. As implemented, I *and others* think this
    >> is broken. I've taken the stance of not publishing things to PyPi
    >> until A> I find the time to contribute to make it better or B> It
    >> changes.

    Barry> That's distressing.  For better or worse PyPI is the central
    Barry> repository of 3rd party packages.  It should be easy, desirable,
    Barry> fun and socially encouraged to get your packages there.

I only realized people could comment on my packages when I got the poll
email from Martin.  It then took me awhile to figure out how to actually see
comments about my packages.

    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2897527&group_id=66150&atid=513503

At the very least I think the feature needs to be easier for package
authors to use.

Skip