[Python-Dev] External module tests skipping on Windows build slaves?

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 05:34:29 CET 2009

David Bolen <db3l.net at gmail.com> writes:

> (...)
> I would have sworn they used to get run, but now I'm not so sure.
> Perhaps I'm remembering older Python releases with VS.NET 2003, since
> the MSVC9 versions of the CRT and the SXS stuff was new with VS 2008 I
> think.
>
> Does anyone happen to know if these tests have ever run recently on
> the Windows build slaves?

Just to follow up - after finding an old 2.6a0 tree I had manually
built that worked fine (so clearly it wasn't just VS 2008), I worked
my way through some 2.6 tags and this broke as of 2.6.1, so I think
the tests have been getting skipped since then.

The root problem appears to be the change (r67121 for 2.6 merged from
r67120 in trunk) that removed embedded manifests.

I'll follow up on the issue tracker.

-- David