[Python-Dev] Buildslave gets intermittent errors in the svn step

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 22:00:51 CET 2009

I'm getting occasional odd errors in the subversion step on my
buildslave (http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/buildslaves/moore-windows):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/data/buildbot/lib/python/buildbot/process/buildstep.py", line
690, in startStep
    d.addCallback(self._startStep_2)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py",
line 195, in addCallback
    callbackKeywords=kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py",
line 186, in addCallbacks
    self._runCallbacks()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py",
line 328, in _runCallbacks
    self.result = callback(self.result, *args, **kw)
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/data/buildbot/lib/python/buildbot/process/buildstep.py", line
721, in _startStep_2
    skip = self.start()
  File "/data/buildbot/lib/python/buildbot/steps/source.py", line 184, in start
    self.startVC(branch, revision, patch)
  File "/data/buildbot/lib/python/buildbot/steps/source.py", line 445,
in startVC
    raise BuildSlaveTooOldError(m)
buildbot.interfaces.BuildSlaveTooOldError: This buildslave
(moore-windows) does not know about multiple branches, and using
mode=update would probably build the wrong tree. Refusing to build.
Please upgrade the buildslave to buildbot-0.7.0 or newer.

This is very odd, as (a) a simple rerun fixes the issue, and (b) I'm
already on buildbot 0.7.0 or newer (can't recall the exact version).

It's a Windows XP system, if that helps.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul.