[Python-Dev] Making loggerClass an attribute of the logger manager?

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Wed Nov 25 09:36:31 CET 2009

Hi,

recently I had a use case where I wanted to use logging in two
completely separate parts of the same process.  One of them
needs to create instances a specific Logger subclass, while the
other is fine with the default loggers.

I got around the problem of the unique root node by using two
Managers (and then using Manager.getLogger() instead of
getLogger()), but I can only set the loggerClass globally.

Making the loggerClass configurable per manager would solve the
problem for me, and AFAICS since most applications don't use
different managers anyway, there should not be any detrimental
effects.  What do you think?

cheers,
Georg