[Python-Dev] /trunk test_distutils failing on Mac OS X 10.5

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Sun Nov 29 18:32:59 CET 2009

Hi all,

/trunk test_distutils is failing with the following error on Mac OS X 10.5:

Here's the error:

test_distutils
test test_distutils failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"/private/tmp/tmp8UfLPT/python27/Lib/distutils/tests/test_sdist.py",
line 342, in test_make_distribution_owner_group
    self.assertEquals(member.gid, os.getgid())
AssertionError: 0 != 20

It has been a problem for over a week, perhaps longer.  I've filed it as:

	http://bugs.python.org/issue7408

... So why am I posting this to python-dev?

I went to double-check this on the buildbots and noticed that there
aren't any Mac OS X buildbots.  I would be happy to give one or two
people remote access to my Mac OS X 10.5 iMac if someone wanted to
set up a buildbot and/or debug this issue further.

Tarek, I can give you access immediately through your lyorn account, too.

cheers,
--titus
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu