[Python-Dev] Python 2.6.3

Scott Dial scott+python-dev at scottdial.com
Thu Oct 1 09:55:28 CEST 2009

Scott Dial wrote:
> While this code is present in
> older versions of python, it seems to have become a problem recently
> (2009-05-06 is the earliest report on the issue) perhaps due to a
> version bump of OpenSSL? I never noticed the problem in python2.5 even
> though the code is unchanged.

To answer my own question, this was introduced in r64578 in ssl.py by
the addition of the suppress_ragged_eofs feature (seems to originate
with issue1251). While it is a change in the behavior of the ssl module,
the change falls in line with other file-like objects and their handling
of EOF, so the bug still falls to imaplib.

In other words, this bug appeared in 2.6 and 3.0, and is present in all
subsequent versions.

--
Scott Dial
scott at scottdial.com