[Python-Dev] Package install failures in 2.6.3

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Mon Oct 5 18:29:06 CEST 2009

-On [20091005 17:45], Barry Warsaw (barry at python.org) wrote:
>2) PJE releases a new version of setuptools that fixes this problem.

Will all due respect to PJE, but I sincerely doubt this will happen. There's
still a bunch of outstanding patches over at the setuptools tracker,
including SVN 1.x support, which have been open for more than a year.

Personally I consider setuptools unmaintained and have started moving my
projects over to Distribute.

So, if you decide to wait, make sure to put a deadline on it.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
The earth laughs in flowers...