[Python-Dev] eggs now mandatory for pypi?

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 19:58:17 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> User ratings and comments are the
> future for "app store" style sites such as PyPI

Interestingly, I consider sites like PyPI as developer resources
rather than the more end-user-centric "App Store" sites.

While I don't consider it bad to provide support for commenting and
rating, I find it much less valuable than for end-user-centric sites.
But then, some may find me a bit retro.  :-/

  -Fred