[Python-Dev] please consider changing --enable-unicode default to ucs4

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Oct 5 20:09:47 CEST 2009

Le lundi 05 octobre 2009 à 19:18 +0200, Jan Matejek a écrit :

> don't see what is bad about improving compatibility in a place where the
> setting doesn't hurt one way or the other.

I can't speak for Mandriva, but I'm sure they care more about not
breaking user installs when they upgrade to Mandriva X + 1, than about
making it possible to use Fedora RMPs on Mandriva.

In any case, this is quite off-topic for python-dev. If you are
motivated about this, you should try to convinve the Mandriva developers
instead.

Regards

Antoine.