[Python-Dev] eggs now mandatory for pypi?

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 23:06:50 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> When it comes to comments and recommendations for selecting software
> packages, developers *are* the end users :)

Yes, most certainly.  But developers as consumers are very different
from application users as consumers, which is what I was getting at.

The convenience interfaces for commenting on a library are far less
valuable for developers, IMO, since developers are expected to better
understand how their context impacts their perception.  Useful
feedback from a developer just doesn't fit will into the
giant-pile-of-comments UIs conventional for non-developers.

If I'm wrong about that, then I'm saddened by the state of the profession.

  -Fred