[Python-Dev] [New-bugs-announce] [issue7064] Python 2.6.3 / setuptools 0.6c9: extension module builds fail with KeyError

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 22:51:32 CEST 2009

Here are three buildbot farms for three different projects that
exercise various features of setuptools: build, install, sdist_dsc,
bdist_egg, sdist, and various specific requirements that our projects
have, such as the "Desert Island Build" in which setuptools is not
allowed to download anything from the Internet at build time or else
it flunks the test.

http://allmydata.org/buildbot/waterfall
http://allmydata.org/buildbot-pycryptopp/waterfall
http://allmydata.org/buildbot-zfec/waterfall

I would love it if new versions of setuptools/Distribute would make
more of these tests pass on more platforms or at least avoid causing
any regressions in these tests on these platforms.

Unfortunately, we can't really deploy new versions of
setuptools/Distribute to this buildbot farm in order to re-run all the
tests, because the only way that I know of to trigger all the tests is
to make a commit to our central darcs repository for Tahoe-LAFS,
pycryptopp, or zfec, and I don't want to do that to experiment with
new versions of setuptools/Distribute.  Does anyone know how to use a
buildbot farm like this one to run tests without committing patches to
the central repository?

Regards,

Zooko