[Python-Dev] Python 2.6.4rc1

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed Oct 7 20:53:04 CEST 2009

I just tried building out of svn and a ton of tests that rely on urllib
failed because the _scproxy module wasn't built and it unconditionally
imports it under darwin. Turns out that it requires the Mac toolbox glue to
be built which I always skip since I don't care about it.
I am fairly certain this toolbox glue dependency for urllib is a regression
as I used to always be able to get networking working w/o the Mac-specific
modules.

-Brett