[Python-Dev] PEP 370 and IronPython

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Fri Oct 9 13:27:28 CEST 2009

Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> I have a suggestion though, that completes Nick's answer.
>
> distutils/command/install.py already contains install schemes and
> imports USER_SITE and USER_BASE to builds user-specific install
> schemes. I think it wouldn't hurt for clarity to reunite all these
> schemes in a single place in the stdlib (so in sys maybe?)

Hello Tarek!

I'm feeling uncomfortable with sticking so much information into the sys
module. Another module with installation schemata wouldn't hurt, though.
In my opinion it's usually wise to separate configuration from logic.

Christian

PS: Thanks for your job with distribute! You are a life safer.