[Python-Dev] BDFL pronouncement?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sat Oct 10 01:07:12 CEST 2009

    >> That's absurd.  There's a certain area where Guido can make
    >> pronouncements, but third-party packages is not it.  Even if they're
    >> hosted on python.org infrastructure.

    Guido> Right.

Now if you were the un-BDFL you could step in here. ;-)

This whole topic seems to have a lot of people fairly agitated, so clearly
it's important to a significant subset of the Python development community.
Might I suggest taking this off python-dev for awhile though?  I seem to
recall a similar suggestion a couple days ago to take it to distutils-sig or
python-ideas, but that seems to have been ignored.)  I mostly tuned the
entire thread out until I saw that Guido had joined in the fray (sort of).
Maybe since I don't distribute a lot of Python packages it's not as
important to me.

Let me know when you've solved the problem.  I trust you.

Skip