[Python-Dev] Distutils and Distribute roadmap (and some words on Virtualenv, Pip)

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Mon Oct 12 14:08:12 CEST 2009

On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 17:49:23 +0100, Michael Foord
> I wonder if it is going to be possible to make this compatible with the
> upcoming distutils package management 'stuff' (querying for installed
> packages, uninstallation etc) since installation/uninstallation goes
> through the Windows system package management feature.  I guess it would
> be eminently possible but require some reasonably high level Windows-fu
> to do.

It's a good question.

Searching on it turned up no easy way of doing control panel applications
in python.

A much easier way would be to just mount a package manager application
in the "Programs" + "Python X.Y" menu. Users would surely find it there.

Regards

David