[Python-Dev] On track for Python 2.6.4 final this Sunday?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Oct 13 14:27:01 CEST 2009

Are we on track to release 2.6.4 final this Sunday or do we need
another rc?

Yesterday, Tarek committed another setuptools related fix and said
that he was going to run a bunch of build tests locally.  Tarek, how
did that go?

Please note that issue 7064 is still open as a release blocker.  Can
we close that (again) now?

http://bugs.python.org/issue7064

I am still being very conservative about what goes in 2.6.4.  Only
regressions introduced in 2.6.3 are being accepted.  There's plenty of
time after that for patches to go in for 2.6.5.

-Barry