[Python-Dev] [python-committers] On track for Python 2.6.4 final this Sunday?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Oct 13 16:41:01 CEST 2009

> It would be nice to get this issue resolved out for 2.6.4:
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue4120
>
> The problem is that extensions built with 2.6.x will not work
> when used with a User-only installation of Python on machines that
> don't already have the MS VC90 CRT DLLs installed system-wide.

As this bug already exists in 2.6.2, I don't think the change is
eligible for 2.6.4.

In addition, I want to review it, which I won't be able to until
Sunday.

> One possible approach would be to use the patch in 2.6.4 and then
> continue digging deeper until 2.6.5 is released.

This also speaks against the patch. Anything being changed in this area
ideally should be the final state of affairs for the rest of 2.6.x.

Regards,
Martin