[Python-Dev] Interest in integrating C decimal module into Python?

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Tue Oct 20 16:40:05 CEST 2009

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 at 09:55, ssteinerX at gmail.com wrote:
> On Oct 20, 2009, at 9:43 AM, Stefan Krah wrote:
>> ssteinerX at gmail.com <ssteinerx at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Shouldn't this be on python-ideas?
>>
>> I found previous discussions about "Decimal in C" on python-dev, that's why
>> used this list.
>
> python-ideas:
>
> This list is to contain discussion of speculative language ideas for Python
> for possible inclusion into the language. If an idea gains traction it can
> then be discussed and honed to the point of becoming a solid proposal to put
> to either python-dev or python-3000 as appropriate.
>
> I guess it's a fine line...and matter of opinion.  No worries.

In this case it isn't a language idea under discussion, but the possible
inclusion of an implementation of an idea (and moreover an idea that is
already included in Python in another, less efficient, form).

(I'm expecting that both Mark Dickinson and Raymond Hettinger will
comment on this thread eventually...)

--David (RDM)