[Python-Dev] GIL behaviour under Windows

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Wed Oct 21 15:15:59 CEST 2009

Hi, I just want to stress, that according to my test, the current GIL implementation works as intended on windows.  But if we were to reimplement it, say using a CriticalSection, then yielding the GIL as we do in sys.checkinterval wouldn't work as intended anymore.  Just something to keep in mind in case anyone is thinking along those lines.