[Python-Dev] time.clock() on windows

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Thu Oct 22 11:47:50 CEST 2009

The point in question seems to be this this (from the thread):
 * Need some sort of static "start value", which is set when the
 process starts, so I can return to Python in seconds.  An easy hack
 is to set this the first time clock() is called, but then it wont
 reflect any sort of real time - but would be useful for relative
 times...

But the argumentation is flawed.   There is an implicit "start" value (technically, CPU powerup).  The point concedes that no sort of real time is returned, and so the particular "start" time chosen is immaterial.