[Python-Dev] time.clock() on windows

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Thu Oct 22 11:51:53 CEST 2009

Since system time has low granularity, it would negate our attemt at having time.clock() reflect the same time between processes.
In my opinion, the simplest way is to simply stop setting choosing the first call as a zero base, and use whatever arbitrary time the system has chosen for us.
The documentation could then read:
  "On Windows, this function returns wall-clock seconds elapsed since an
   arbitrary, system wited, epoch, as a floating point number, based on the
   Win32 function QueryPerformanceCounter. The resolution is typically better
   than one microsecond."