[Python-Dev] Possible language summit topic: buildbots

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 02:28:33 CET 2009

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com writes:

> This sounds like something that should be reported
> upstream. Particularly if you know how to reproduce it.  Has it been?

No, largely because I can't reproduce it at all.  It's happened maybe
4-5 times in the past 2 years or so.  All that I see is that my end
looks good yet the master end seems not to be dispatching jobs (it
never shows an explicit disconnect for my slave though).

My best guess is that something disrupted the TCP connection, and that
the slave isn't doing anything that would let it know its connection
was dropped.  Although I thought there were periodic pings even from
the slave side.

Given the frequency, it's not quite high priority to me, though having
the master let the owner of a slave know when it's down would help cut
down on lost availability due to this case, so I suppose I could suggest
that feature to the buildbot developers.

-- David