[Python-Dev] Retrieve an arbitrary element from a set without removing it

Willi Richert w.richert at gmx.net
Mon Oct 26 09:22:37 CET 2009

Hi,

I totally agree regarding the efficiency. Code that relies on a fast "non-
removing .pop()" probably has other worse bottlenecks that should be targetted
first.

This would, however, relief every programmer who needs this the first time in
his Python experience, to research how this could be most reasonably done. And
it is more of a style question. I find the "for x in some_set: break" rather
ugly.

wr

Am Montag, 26. Oktober 2009 08:29:36 schrieben Sie: