[Python-Dev] Reworking the GIL

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 01:02:03 CET 2009

On Oct 26, 2009, at 6:45 PM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
>> Despite what I said above, however, I would also take a default
>> position against adding any kind of more advanced scheduling system
>> here.  It would, perhaps, make sense to expose the APIs for
>> controlling the platform scheduler, though.

I would also like to have an exposed API and optional profiling
(optional as in conditional compilation, not as in some sort of
profiling 'flag' that slows down non-profiling runs) so that you can
see what's going on well enough to use the API to tune a particular
platform for a particular workload.