[Python-Dev] Retrieve an arbitrary element from a set without removing it

average dreamingforward at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 17:34:45 CET 2009

[I wrote:]
> If Python3 were to have this feature it would make it worth
> migrating to

Sorry that may have sounded more harsh than I expected.  If I had more
resources, I'd propose (and volunteer) a python3000 branch where any
and all who were disappointed at the *lack* of compatability changes
could continue working on the core language.  (Moratorium controversy
solved and quaranteened--any desireable features for the working
branch would be back-propagated via the time machine as BDFL permits.)

marcos