[Python-Dev] "Buildbot" category on the tracker

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Oct 30 09:57:47 CET 2009

> But the real reason for having a buildbot category (or at least a keyword)
> would be to be able to tag all bugs that are currently making buildbots
> fail that are _not_ the result of a recent checkin.  This would make
> the task of finding the bugs that need to be cleaned up to stabilize
> the buildbot fleet easier.  I'm currently aware of issues 4970, 3892,
> and 6462 in this category, and there are a few more that we can/will file
> if we continue to pay attention to the failure reports now arriving on
> the irc channel.

That's convincing; I've created a "buildbot" keyword. I gave it the
description

  "indicates that tests fail on a buildslave for uncertain reasons"

If that is indeed the intended purpose of this classification, please
keep it in mind when assigning the tag. If I misunderstood the purpose
of the keyword, please provide a better description.

Regards,
Martin