[Python-Dev] Py_CmpToRich removed, alternatives for comparison?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 21:15:08 CEST 2009

For blender we have a number of types defined in the C/API like
meshes, lamps, metaballs, nurbs etc that dont make sense with some of
richcmp's operations.
A problem I have is that in python 3.1 the Py_CmpToRich function is removed.

Should we copy Py_CmpToRich into our source tree?
Otherwise we have fairly long cmp functions that have Py_CmpToRich inline.

For C extension writers what is the suggested method for comparing
types where Py_LT, Py_GT Py_GE etc are not useful?

Since people sometimes ask why use py3.1, we're doing a rewrite that
wont be ready for quite some time.
--
- Campbell