[Python-Dev] OT : Cannot login to PyPI using MyOpenId

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Sep 4 07:53:31 CEST 2009

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> > The Python bug tracker <URL:http://bugs.python.org/>? Or the tracker
> > linked from <URL:http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=openid> which
> > leads to
> > <URL:http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=66150&atid=513503>?
>
> The latter. The former is for bugs in Python only.
[…]

> > and the latter times out attempting a connection for me.
>
> Please try again; it does work most of the time (if it still doesn't
> work, check your internet connection).

My internet connection is fine, I'm able to visit various sites without
a problem.

That tracker loads fine, but when I select “Log In”, it takes a very
long time and eventually times out. This is repeatable (for me) multiple
times over the past 12 hours or so.

This is probably a SourceForge problem and nothing you can fix directly,
but those wanting to receive bug reports into that tracker might be
interested to know.

--
 \                “If you can't hear me sometimes, it's because I'm in |
  `\                                      parentheses.” —Steven Wright |