[Python-Dev] [Distutils] Static metadata using setup.cfg

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:29:12 CEST 2009

2009/9/8 Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>:
>> I suggested that a "requires" section could easily do this, something
>> along the lines of:
>>
>> [Requires]
>> stdlib=sqlite>=1.5
>
> Tarek, How are requirements spelled for packages in your current setup.cfg?

Sorry, that's another problem we are dealing with here e.g. How *one*
requirement is defined.
The .cfg file is just a format that holds values, like you would
express them in command line or in
arguments.

The "How are requirements spelled" part is the changes we will add in PEP 345.

The templating part is just here to make these requirements (or anything else)
vary, depending on a few environment values, so it can be read without
installing
the distribution, with a vanilla Python.

Please stop cross-posting in other mailing-lists it makes the
discussions confusing.

there are two discussions, to be talked in distutils-SIG:

1/ static metadata using a setup.cfg.in (the current one)
2/ changes that will occur in PEP 345, to include requirement definitions

Regards
Tarek

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org | オープンソースの岩!