[Python-Dev] Python 2.6.3

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Wed Sep 9 19:29:04 CEST 2009

In article <11A6545D-7204-4F61-B55B-1CC77CB5645E at python.org>,
 Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> I still want to release by the 25th, but I'd be willing to move the rc
> to Monday the 21st.  We're really just trying to avoid a brown bag
> moment, so that should give us enough time to double check the releases.

The recent release of OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) has triggered a fair
amount of 2.6 bug tracker activity, since 10.6 now includes 2.6 (2.6.1)
and a 64-bit version at that.   A number of patches have either just
been checked-in over the past couple of weeks or are getting some
exposure before check-in.  Given the timing and the (appropriate)
infrequency of 2.6.x releases, I think it would be unfortunate to push
2.6.3 out the door without ensuring that it works well on 10.6.
Therefore, I propose that 2.6.3 should have 10.6 compatibility as a
"release goal".

Without trying to put Ronald on the spot (too much!), it would be a good
idea to get his assessment where things stand wrt 2.6 on 10.6 before
setting a final release date.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org