[Python-Dev] Python Language Summit #2 in February

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Sep 16 13:58:44 CEST 2009

Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> Michael Foord <fuzzyman <at> voidspace.org.uk> writes:
>
>> Given the long discussion on the stdlib-sig it seems like a discussion
>> of the standard library would be useful. Potential topics include (some
>> of which partially overlap each other):
>>

> [snip]
>
> Let me suggest the following additional point:
>
> * Clarifying maintainership. What is a maintainer, what can be expected from him
> and what is *not* expected from him. Whether maintainers are, or are not,
> "owners". What the relationship of other core developers to maintainers should
> be, and should not be.

Yup, good addition.

> Of course, all this will perhaps have been discussed before the summit.

When we add discussing the relationship of the other implementations to
the standard library I think there is plenty to discuss, even if some of
the points are clearer or closer to being settled (or as settled as they
can possibly get) by the time of the summit.

Michael

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/