[Python-Dev] PEP 3144 review.

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Thu Sep 17 20:29:44 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:59:22AM -0700, Peter Moody wrote:
> currently have, or do you feel that simply adding 5 rfc's to the
> references section adds to the overall readability of the PEP?

I would list them simply because it's not obvious which RFC specifies
the format of IP addresses or how they're allocated.  e.g. if I search
for "rfc ip address format", most of the hits are for RFC 3587,
"IPv6 Global Unicast Address Format", which doesn't actually explain
IPv6 address syntax.

--amk