[Python-Dev] Distutils ML wrap-up: setup.cfg new format

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 20:12:24 CEST 2009

2009/9/22 P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com>:
> At 03:21 PM 9/22/2009 +0200, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>>
>> Hello Here's a wrapup of the Distutils-SIG discussion we had on the
>> "static metadata" topic. I realize that it's a good thing to send in.
>> python-dev such wrapup on distutils design decisions, to keep everyone
>> informed and get more feedback when required
>
> The above implies that a consensus was reached on this topic; you should
> perhaps at least note that in this case it actually means that you just
> terminated the discussion and pronounced your choice, just as a simpler
> solution for dynamic dependencies (proposed by Sridhar) was beginning to
> gain some support.

I pronounced my choice on the syntax of the conditions in the setup.cfg file,
and the setuptools-like syntax to express them Sridhar presented
looked more complex.

If you are talking about another solution than using setup.cfg with conditional
expressions, please start a new thread that demonstrates how it will work,
we all want the best solution of course.

Tarek