[Python-Dev] operator precedence of __eq__, __ne__, etc, if both object have implementations

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Sep 23 03:15:22 CEST 2009

Frank wrote:
> > For IronPython we wrote a set of tests which go through and define
> > the various operator methods in all sorts of combinations on both
> > new-style and old-style classes as well as subclasses of those
> classes
> > and then do the comparisons w/ logging.
> We've talked about this before, but now I'm reminded again -- do you
> happen to have a pointer to these tests just in case someone might
> want to grab them :) ?

We include them in the source distribution which you can download the
2.6RC1 release which just came out today here:

http://ironpython.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=30315#DownloadId=84669

All of the side-by-side tests are in:

IronPython-2.6\Src\Tests\compat

Or you can view the source via the web at:

http://ironpython.codeplex.com/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx
(this page also has instructions for Subversion and other source control
clients)

And the latest version there is in:

IronPython_Main\Src\Tests\compat

Hopefully the infrastructure will just work on Jython because it also runs on
CPython but there may be some Windows specific code in there (e.g. import nt,
a general problem w/ our tests from the days before we always ran tests w/
the CPython std lib present).

If you run into any problems let me know and I'd be happy to fix it to make
them more compatible.