[Python-Dev] thinking about 2.7

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Sep 26 01:03:52 CEST 2009

> I don't know if it's possible but it would be great if the buildbot
> master could send an email to a buildbot maintainer if it thinks a
> buildbot is down.

I think it should be possible to detect that. I wouldn't recommend
immediate reaction, but rather a delayed reaction (say, 12h). Buildbot
is very well capable of tracking timeouts of many hours.

I could put that on my list of things to do, but if you beat me to
it, that would be even better.

One problem is that the buildbot configuration currently doesn't
have email address of all slave operators, but that would be possible
to add.

> And since it's the master's perspective that really matters when it
> comes to a buildbot being available, getting status from the master
> would be very helpful.

This sounds very reasonable. I'll ask on the buildbot list; maybe
somebody already has that implemented.

Regards,
Martin